Sunday, April 10, 2011

Food For Thought: Child-Like Faith


It is Sunday morning, I have a busy day ahead of me, and I know you likely do as well, so today I am going to keep it short and simple (thus I used NIV instead of my usual King James today). Ponder on this:


Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14 NIV

This is some serious food for thought. The kingdom of heaven is for those with a child like faith. So what does that mean? The faith of a young child is untainted; if you tell them something they simply trust you. Children do not doubt, or rationalize about whether or not what you said was true. We should be like this with our heavenly Father. He has told us the truth, why do we still doubt? Why do we hesitate when He says to go? We should trust in our God and ALL of His sayings. We need a child like faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment